Sunday, February 21, 2010

Hello


Hello.  Is it me you're looking for? I love that song by Lionel Ritchie.  It's from an old (now) movie called Tootsie, which starred Dustin Hoffman.  It's about a man who thinks he's satisfied with the life he has and discovers that he wants more.  If you can find it, it's worth watching.
Anyhoo, I haven't posted for awhile because I've been totally preoccupied with the repairs that must be done to my basement, due to water coming in through the chimney stack.  Lining up people who do specific work and getting it done in the right order is time consuming. My life has been on hold for a month, but, I am hopeful that the repairs will get started on Monday. 
Everything in the basement must be brought upstairs.  You don't know how much 'stuff' you have until you try to move it to another place, either another house or to another part of your current home.  I was planning on moving to a smaller place this year (which is  on hold--can't put the house up for sale now), so some things have been given to family members, but it's the junk one accumulates that takes so much time to sort out.
On a lighter note, I do not have pics of the guys who will do the work, but I will try to get some and post them, so we can all salivate a little. ;)
.P.S. LOL  On reading this post on Tuesday I realized that I had typed "Dusting Hoffman".   A Freudian Slip? I guess cleaning up the mess that is my house was on my mind.

3 comments:

Diana said...

Oh Mar you are so funny! Are you going to ask them if you can post their photos online? You should see the amount of junk in my basement. I told my husband that we must have a yard sale this spring!
Love Di

Jackie said...

Oh, Mar...I'm so sorry about having to move things from the basement...
You are soooo right! We don't know how much we have until it is time to move it/them. Take care of you....
I'm glad to see you!
Smiles,
Jackie

Unknown said...

OH my, I hope that every little thing is turning out, and the worst part is climbing those stairs! up, down, up, down, that is the killer, wait until about the 20th time and your legs will be rubber the next day!