Thursday, June 11, 2009

The View

I love Spring. The promise of beauty to come. The anticipation of all the hard work paying off in gorgeous vistas of flowering plants and varigated greenery.
I don't actually have a view as beautiful as this, but the Adelweiss showing in the foreground remind me of my Bridal Wreath Spirea. They have cascades of tiny white flowers on the little hill in my back garden. The purple and mauve of the Iris, Lilacs, flowering Basil, Chive flowers and small petunias make the white stand out out even more. Sadly, the Bridal Wreath isn't going to last much longer, which makes the view all the more precious. More flowers will bloom and different aspects will be just as beautiful.
I suppose life is like that too. The current beautiful view will not last, but the hope of another to come, keeps us going. And, like the garden, it takes work and committment to keep the weeds from chocking out the beauty that is all around us.

1 comment:

Blessings each day said...

Such a beautiful scene, so serene.

blessings,

marcy