Thursday, April 9, 2009

Eye Yi Eye!


Today I finally got my old eyes checked. I have been very lax in taking care of my own health, and I was SEVEN Months overdue. The doc has some new equipment to check the blood vessels and inside of your eyes. It was amazing! To have the chance to actually see what is going on in the hidden spaces in my body. I do have the beginings of Cataracts, but it is going slowly. Also Macular Degeneration is starting, but apparently, for my age (70th year), I am doing quite well. So, now I am duly informed I will not leave it so long to follow up.
People, you can spend your hard-earned dollars in many ways. The best way to spend them is on keeping up with your checkups and follow ups. What good is it to have $$$ and you can't see what is around you, walk, drive, laugh, because you wanted to 'save' those $$$ for alcohol (I'm not against some imbibing), smoking (UGH!) food that has no health-giving nutrients in it (I'm not against some 'treats' once in a while). Simply, put your overall health first and you will be "rich" beyond measure.
Amen, the end of my 'Sermon'.
I wish all the world the best day and many best days to come. ;o)

1 comment:

Amy said...

As I'm reading this, I am wearing the new glasses I just got today!